How can I open a new account?
- Please visit us at 150 Willie Smokie Glover Drive, Macon, GA 31201 on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday 9:00am to 5:00pm, or Tuesday 9:00am to 2:00pm.
What do I need to open an account?
- Picture ID: This can be a driver’s license, state issued ID or Passport. If opening an account for a minor, the guardian has to be an active member, and a parent’s identification will be sufficient.
- Social Security Number: We need a social security number for each person on the account. We cannot open an account without a social security number.
- Membership and Savings Account Deposits: Anyone joining the credit union must deposit $5 for a new membership fee and an additional $15 for the minimum savings account balance. All members must have a savings account as this represents your shares in Macon-Bibb Employees Credit Union.
Does the credit union offer checking accounts?
- We do not offer checking accounts at this time.
Does the credit union have a mobile banking app?
How do I change my address or other contact information?
- After logging into website home banking, or into the mobile app, go to the Profile menu to change any of your contact information.
Change Mailing Adress Only
- From your computer, go to the Address Change Request form found here: Address Change Request
- Print the form and fill it out.
- Get the completed form to us in person, by email to email@example.com, or by mail to:
Macon-Bibb Employees Credit Union, 150 Willie Smokie Glover Drive, Macon, GA 31201
What should I do if I cannot remember my account number?
If you do not have your membership card reflecting your account number please contact us either via email or by phone at (478) 219-1163.
Are my deposits federally insured?
Yes, the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) insures your accounts up to $250,000.
Can I have more than one loan with Macon-Bibb Employees Credit Union?
Yes, you can have more than one loan. For a more detailed explanation please contact the credit union at (478) 219-1163.
How do I add/remove a joint member to/from my account?
To add a member:
- You and your joint member will need to come into our office to sign a new signature card. The primary member and joint member(s) must sign in the presence of a credit union employee. The joint member(s) will need to also present a valid driver’s license and their social security card to complete the process.
To remove a joint owner:
- The joint member must complete a form requesting removal from the account or
- Account can be closed and a new account established.
What is the credit union’s routing and transit number?
The credit union’s routing and transit number is 261172078.
Are special loans always offered by the credit union.
Special loans are only offered when approved by the Board of Directors of Macon-Bibb Employees Credit Union. The loans are not available throughout the year, and when offered cannot be re-financed.
Does the credit union offer lines of credit?
The credit union no longer offers lines of credit.
Does the credit union have branch locations?
Macon-Bibb Employees only has the one location at 150 Willie Smokie Glover Drive, Macon, GA 31201.
Does the credit union have a night depository or ATM?
No, Macon-Bibb Employees Credit Union does not have a night depository or ATM. Deposits can be made during our regular business hours or they can be mailed to our physical location. Deposits can also be made by initiating an external transfer from your other financial institution.
I have logged into my account but my account/loans are not visible, how do I view them?
Contact Member Service at (478) 219-1163.
My loan has paid out and I want to stop the payroll deduction, what is required of me to stop it?
You can either complete the online Payroll Deduction form and send it back to us as an emailed scan to firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax to 478-910-2333.
See one of our representatives at the 150 Willie Smokie Glover Drive location.